Finding the right litigation legal firm is not an easy thing to do. Hence, we have made a list of things to look out for so that you can find and hire the best lawyers to represent your case. Dive in!
- Look at the Services Offered
Experienced litigation lawyers like the Litvack Dessureault LLP trust lawyers have a plethora of services to offer. The ones that you should be looking at are as follows.
- Family Law
Under family law, experienced lawyers deal with many issues like the ones listed below.
- Divorce settlement.
- Spousal support and child support.
- Custody of the child.
- Fair division of matrimonial assets and property.
- Advice and legal assistance if the matrimonial assets have been disturbed unfairly.
Under Estates Law, the different services that litigation lawyers offer are as follows.
- Carrying out the fair settlement of estates.
- Assistance in cases of disputes over the validity and credibility of the will.
- Legal representation for fighting a case to replace current liquidators.
- Services to make letters of verification and probate wills.
Under Trusts law, the different ways in which lawyers offer assistance are as follows.
- Legal assistance if an ex-spouse is making claims to be a beneficiary of the trust or a member of the trust committee that holds the family assets.
- Offering advice to the trust members and beneficiaries to make them aware of their rights and duties.
- Legal advice on what to do if all the family patrimony and/or partnership of acquest assets are held in the family trust.
- Look at the Courtroom Experience
Lawyers who have represented cases in a courtroom in front of a judge are the kind of people you want on your side. So, make it a habit to have a look at the portfolio of lawyers to find out in which courts they have represented their previous clients.
- Focus on the First Piece of Advice they Offer
No experienced and trustworthy lawyer will straightaway file your case in court. They will try to find a middle ground for an out-of-court settlement. They have reasons to do so. Experienced lawyers know how tricky and lengthy a case in the court can get. So, their first instinct is to protect their client(s) from hassles. If the lawyer you’re thinking about hiring suggests any different, you should find a different lawyer.
As long as you’re careful enough to consider all the factors we have listed above, you’ll most likely fall into the hands of safe and trustworthy litigation lawyers.